Cancer Researc Uk would not be able to continue with the valuable job they do if it wasn’t for support from the general public. If you want to help there are lots of different ways
- you could get involved with one of their fundraising events (you can find details of events here), if you use the search box on the right hand side of the screen and enter your postcode you will find lots of fun events to get involved in.
- You could hold your own fundraising event, whether it be a bake sale, coffee morning, dance class, sponsored walk or car wash, there are lots of things you can do to raise money (there are ideas and fundraising packs availabe here)
- If you don’t want to host a fundraising event you could help support events near you by contributing prizes for raffles, donate a cake for a bake sale, sponsor a colleague, cheer on from the side lines at races or help in other ways.
- Share your friends and colleagues Just Giving pages or event invites and let people know what is happening and when, be the cheerleader for your friends and colleagues who may be taking part in fundraising.
- Be supportive, whatever your friends and colleagues may be doing to raise money, show support, be interested and offer help and encouragement if they are struggling! Chat about what they are doing and how it is going, and be positive!
Now, I know you are all really here to see how I got on yesterday, so here’s the stats you have been waiting for…
I hit my target of 10,000 steps!!! 🙂
I am aiming to walk 10,000 steps a day for the whole of september in order to raise money for Cancer Research, if you would like to sponsor me or donate, you can visit my Just Giving page where a few clicks will see your donation added to the cause.